Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Landon's birthday

So Landon turned 4 on August 14th. He tells everyone everywhere we go "I'm four now and I can whistle, see?" He'd been telling me for months that he wanted an Indiana Jones birthday, so that's what we shot for. He got an Indiana Jones hat, whip, and figurine. He seemed happy. We love our Lanny SO much, he's such a wonderful little boy. So thoughtful and so full of love and cuddles. I can't get enough of that, and his cute chubby cheeks that I don't think will ever go away. :)

We of course did our traditional "eat at McDonalds, play at Peter Piper Pizza." McDonalds is WAY cheaper, plus we know they'll eat the food. We wasted a ton of $$ trying to get them to eat PP Pizza once and vowed we'd never do that again. We never have. They had a blast at PPP.
Thank goodness this is the last cake of the year that I have to make. This is LEGO Indiana Jones if you can't tell. :) I had to use the x-box cover to try to make the image right. It doesn't look perfect, but it turned out pretty good. Logan and Landon both loved it, so I guess that's all the matters. :)
Now our birthdays are done, for another 6 months anyway. All of our birthdays are in the summertime, so this next baby will be the oddball of the family....with a February birthday. It'll be nice to not be big and pregnant in the summertime though. :)

11 comments:

Jen said...

you do such a good job w/ your cakes. seriously! I can't draw at all!! Eliott is in charge of Seth's "transformer" cake this weekend. There was no way I was going to attempt that. I love the eat at mcdonald's play at peter piper, it is seriously a genius plan!

Brooke Colvin said...

Nettie - you are such a good mom to make all those "custom" cakes for your kids' birthdays. By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too! Did you get a special cake on your special day too? I have a card for you here at my house - I'm sorry I forgot to bring it to you on Sunday. I am such a bad friend - I am always late for your B-day! I hope you had a nice day though. And yes, it is really nice to not be pregnant in the summer!

NamaMcB said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDON!!! You are getting to be such a big boy!!! Your cake is awesome!!!! Nettie, you could sell those!! We love our Landon!

Trish said...

Oh, that looks JUST LIKE Lego Indy! Love it!

Sharlee said...

Good job on the cake! It's awesome. My kids can only dream of having such a nice mom.
It will be a sad day when (if) Landon loses those cheeks.

Amanda said...

Okay, I know we never see each other any more, but did I miss the post that you're pregnant? !! Congratulations. I'm due in March, the holidays are more fun being pregnant... no guilt. :) By the way, I thought Landon was older. He has impressed me like not many kids do, he's so sweet!

Christy said...

I love the cake. There's so much detail, the expression in the eyebrows -- wow. Mine would turn into a big glob of frosting.

Amanda Morgan said...

Love the cake! Happy Birthday to all the McBrides!

Jocey said...

Awesome cake. I usually just throw sprinkles on top! I hope you had a good birhtday. I had your present with me on Wed. but when I saw you, i was running so behind, I wasn't myself. Anyway soory I didn't get to hang around, it is my favorite day of the week.

Rebecca said...

I am sooooooooooo jelouse of your cake decorating skills! what a good mom you are.

Holly said...

So...somehow I missed that you are pregnant!!! Yeah! You will be entering the world of 4 children. I'm taking a long time to gear up for that world (Clarke is almost 2 and I'm not ready yet). I'm excited for you. What a cute mom you are. Love the cakes! I have to decorate one myself tonight for London. Tomorrow she turns 4.