Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween!!

I'm finally getting around to posting our Halloween pics, now that we're half way through November and nobody really cares anymore. :) Better late than never I say! So on your left you have Peter Pan, in the middle you have a cute little duckey, and on your right you have Indiana Jones. I made all of Landon's Peter Pan costume (thanks to lots of help from Nanny!), and I also made orange duck leg pants for Marlee too. We found Logan's stuff at Savers. I've never put so much effort into their Halloween costumes before. I just don't think of it till last minute, then I usually scramble for something (anything) for them to wear. They really liked their costumes this year, so it was a fun time for them. We went to our ward's trunk-or-treat. There wasn't a huge turn out, but we brought Christy Boulter and her kids with us so that made it more fun for all of us. And of course the kids came home with lots of candy that we JUST got through eating (thank goodness it's gone now). The kids had a great Halloween and are already asking what they get to dress up as next year. Fun times!



6 comments:

Sharlee said...

Good job, Nettie! Those are such cute costumes, one and all, but I am especially impressed that you made that Peter Pan costume. Wow.
How are you these days? I need to call you sometime to chat.

The Woodruff Family said...

Your kids are so cute! I always insist that the best costumes are the ones you make yourself and take the least time. I made Elizabeth's cape out of a black sheet. I just cut the length I needed and left in the the stitching already in place. I gathered the top edge and sewed on a hood from a pattern I've had for a few years. All done in and hour and a half.

Rebecca said...

I am so impressed. We had wanted to do a big peter pan family thing but I was to afraid to try any thing. Good for you!

NamaMcB said...

What cute kids!!! Nettie, I think we need to make a tradition out of you coming up and sewing costumes every year!!!!!!!!! xoxo

Erin said...

I love their costumes! They are so cute. I am impressed with the Peter Pan.

Trish said...

Those are awesome costumes! Can you make me one? :) I'm partial to the never-aging non-gravity-bound boy look. Super cute.