Saturday, November 10, 2007

Halloween 2007

Ok, I know this is long overdue, but since Bryce doesn't have mutual on Wednesdays anymore, I've really gotten out of the habit of blogging that night (he's the Exec. Secretary now instead of YM pres). Anyway, here's our Halloween picture. That's right, just one picture. We are really lame when it comes to cameras......we didn't even snap them trick or treating, we just had them pose in their costumes. We'll do better next year, hopefully. Also, most people start planning Halloween costumes about a month ahead of time so that they have time to make the costume and put a lot of effort into it. I, on the otherhand, remember that Halloween is a few days away and I scramble to think of what we can throw together so they can feel "dressed up" (as you can see by the picture). In case you're wondering, Logan is Luke Skywalker. He used his imagination a lot that night, but we don't think he knew that no one could tell who he was. :) Lanny of course, is Darth Vader. And Marlee is a Pooh bumble bee (found her costume the day before at a moving sale for $3). I was just glad to find something for her to wear. :) Anyway, the kids had a great time at our ward Trunk or treat, which we had the Saturday before Halloween. And I'm SO glad it wasn't Halloween day, because Logan came home from school on Halloween and started throwing up. We couldn't even blame it on too much candy because he only had one or two pieces at school that day. Then of course Lanny started in a couple days later, followed by Marlee a day or two after that. Thankgoodness for our trustworthy barf bucket (an old gallon ice cream bucket). So needless to say, we didn't do any trick or treating on the actual day of Halloween, but the kids didn't seem to mind, and they got PLENTY of candy at our ward party, so they're good for treats for a couple weeks. That's our Halloween story, I'm sure you're completely amused.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am totally amused! I love logan's costume, that cracks me up!

Kristi said...

Cute! I was hoping you'd post a halloween pic of the kids. :) I'm glad you and the kids survived the round of sickness...yuck!

Erin said...

Your costumes came out great for just a few days of prep. I also forget to prepare for Halloween. It creeps right up on you. I am so jealous of the ward's trunk or treat. I heard it was great and Robert and Nate and I are so bummed we missed the festivities.